Income Tax DepartmentIndividual Tax Information
There are several different options to file your city taxes:
- EFILE – this option allows you to completely electronically file your taxes and upload documents to support your calculations. Follow this link link to start the electronic filing process.
- Drop Slot – located at the face of our building. You may utilize this secure box for any communications regarding your taxes including payments, completed returns, requests or documents drop off, etc.
- Mail or office drop off
Important Income Tax Notice – Individual Tax Information
Pursuant to the passage of Amended Substitute House Bill 5 in December 2014, State mandated municipal income tax guidelines have been established effective with tax years beginning January 1, 2016. Chapter 718 of the Ohio Revised Code can be found here. Please reference this document to determine how the State mandated changes may affect your municipal income tax.
Mandatory Filing Requirement
- All residents 18 years of age and over must file a city of Amherst tax return, even if no income is earned or no tax is due. Retired
residents who have no taxable income are required to file an exemption certificate each year beginning in tax year 2016.
Taxable Income – Gambling
- Lottery, sweepstakes, gambling and sports winnings, winnings from games of chance, and prizes and awards are all taxable as reported on a W-2G.
Estimated Tax Due Dates (optional for City of Amherst)
- 1st quarter due April 15th
- 2nd quarter due June 15th
- 3rd quarter due September 15th
- 4th quarter due January 15th
Penalty and Interest Rates
- See Penalty and Interest Rate