Income Tax DepartmentIncome Tax Form
Due to the continuing surge in COVID-19 cases, our office is minimizing personal interactions by offering the following resources to assist in filing your City of Amherst taxes. Please call our office at (440) 988-4212 for assistance or any questions.
- NEW for 2021 Tax Filing!
File your City of Amherst taxes electronically for FREE! Now you can file and pay your current year taxes online You will be able to upload your documents, file the return and make a payment. Follow this link for instructions and to begin your electronic filing.
- We also have a drop box on the front of our building that can be utilized for any communications in regards to your taxes including payments, drop off of documents, requests, completed returns, etc.
- Returns and payments can still be mailed or dropped off in our office as well.
Income Tax Form
In addition to being able to download and print the Income Tax Form, it is also a fillable PDF form when opened with Adobe Acrobat Reader (Download Adobe Acrobat Reader). To use the Income Tax Form as a fillable PDF, please see the instructions below for assistance.
Previous Years Income Tax Forms
Instructions for Opening as a Fillable PDF
As an alternative to filling out the Income Tax Form by hand, we also provide the Income Tax Form as a fillable PDF which allows you to enter your information directly onto the form, the form will complete all calculations for you and allow you to save the completed form electronically for your future reference.
NOTE: In order to activate the fillable functions of the form, you MUST open the above document in Adobe Acrobat Reader (Download Adobe Acrobat Reader). Two options to use the fillable PDF correctly:
- If you are comfortable with downloading, finding and opening files from the internet:
- Download the Fillable Income Tax Form PDF by clicking here or on the “FILLABLE PDF: 2021 Income Tax Form – Fillable PDF” link above.
- The PDF will open in your browser in a new tab (window) where you can then download the file.
- Open the downloaded PDF titled “Amherst_FR_Fillable_2021.pdf” in Adobe Acrobat Reader. NOTE: In order for the form to work correctly, you MUST open and use the file in the Adobe Acrobat Reader application (NOT the browser plug-in / extension).
- If you’re not sure where to find the files you download from the internet:
- Right-Click on the “FILLABLE PDF: 2021 Income Tax Form – Fillable PDF” link (here or above).
- Select “Save Link As…” (or “Save target as”)
- A window will open, allowing you to select the location where you want to download the PDF to. Save the PDF in your chosen location.
- Do NOT click on the downloaded file from within the browser window, unless you have the option to “Open In Adobe Reader”. (Depending on your browser settings, by attempting to open the downloaded file from within your browser may open the document in a new browser window as opposed to the Adobe Acrobat Reader application.)
- Navigate to the folder location where you downloaded the PDF titled “Amherst_FR_Fillable_2021.pdf”.
- Open the file in Adobe Acrobat Reader.
If you experience any difficulties, please call the Income tax office for assistance.