Income Tax Department2018 Income Tax Form
All residents 18 years of age and over must file a City of Amherst income tax return, even if no income is earned or no tax is due. Retired residents who have no taxable income are required to file an exemption certificate each year. Exemption certificates are located on the back of the City of Amherst income tax return as well as can be found on our Tax Forms for Individuals & Business page.
2018 Income Tax Form
In addition to being able to download and print the 2018 Income Tax Form, it is also a fillable PDF form when opened with Adobe Acrobat Reader (Download Adobe Acrobat Reader). To use the 2018 Income tax Form as a fillable PDF, please see the instructions below for assistance.
View and Print
Additional Tax Forms
Instructions for Opening as a Fillable PDF
As an alternative to filling out the Income Tax Form by hand, we also provide the Income Tax Form as a fillable PDF which allows you to enter your information directly onto the form, the form will complete all calculations for you and allow you to save the completed form electronically for your future reference.
NOTE: In order to activate the fillable functions of the form, you MUST open the above document in Adobe Acrobat Reader (Download Adobe Acrobat Reader). Two options to use the fillable PDF correctly:
- If you are comfortable with downloading, finding and opening files from the internet:
- Download the Fillable Income Tax Form PDF by clicking here or on the “2018 Income Tax Form – Fillable PDF” link above.
- The PDF will open in your browser in a new tab (window) where you can then download the file.
- Open the downloaded PDF titled “Amherst_2018_FR_Fillable.pdf” in Adobe Acrobat Reader. NOTE: In order for the form to work correctly, you MUST open and use the file in the Adobe Acrobat Reader application (NOT the browser plug-in / extension).
- If you’re not sure where to find the files you download from the internet:
- Right-Click on the “2018 Income Tax Form – Fillable PDF” link (here or above).
- Select “Save Link As…” (or “Save target as”)
- A window will open, allowing you to select the location where you want to download the PDF to. Save the PDF in your chosen location.
- Do NOT click on the downloaded file from within the browser window, unless you have the option to “Open In Adobe Reader”. (Depending on your browser settings, by attempting to open the downloaded file from within your browser may open the document in a new browser window as opposed to the Adobe Acrobat Reader application.)
- Navigate to the folder location where you downloaded the PDF titled “Amherst_2018_FR_Fillable.pdf”.
- Open the file in Adobe Acrobat Reader.
If you experience any difficulties, please call the Income tax office for assistance.