Anna Schmauch Memorial PoolSwim Lessons
Swim Lessons 2019
- For members only, sign-ups at the pool will begin on Saturday, May 25th through Monday, May 27th from noon – 7:00 p.m.
- Non-members and members will be able to sign-up for any remaining lesson times beginning Thursday, May 30th during pool hours.
- Persons wishing to register for lessons may only select two sessions at a time.
- The cost of lessons is $50.00 per child, per session.
- Payment must be made when registering for lessons.
- Checks should be made payable to: City of Amherst.
- Children, age 4 and older, may be registered for levels 1 – 4 only. Sessions are Monday through Friday on the following dates:
|Session I||June 10 – June 14||and||June 17-June 21|
|Session II||July 8 – July 12||and||July 15 – July 19|
|Session III||July 22 – July 26||and||July 29 – August 2|
There are two class times available (run 35 minutes):
- 10:15 – 10:50 a.m.
- 11:00 – 11:35 a.m.
Safety day is generally completed on a day when the weather is not favorable for swimming. If at all possible, the children who are in the lower levels (1-3) will participate in safety day for the first half of the lesson and they will swim for the for second half.
Swim Lesson Cancellation Policy
- In the event of inclement weather such as thunder and lightning, swim lessons will be cancelled.
- If it is raining hard and visibility in the bottom of the pool is obstructed, swim lessons will be cancelled.
- If the air temperature is less than 65 degrees, swim lessons will be cancelled.
- If more than 2 lessons are cancelled during the week, the lessons will be made up on the weekend. Those dates will be posted.