(Pending Tax Commissioner’s Decision)
Governor Mike Dewine has signed a bill that gives the Tax Commissioner of the State of Ohio the ability to make changes to the State tax law. Municipalities such as Amherst will follow any new guidelines as outlined in the Ohio Revised Code.
Changes that the Commissioner may consider include:
- Aligning Ohio tax filing deadline with delayed federal July 15 deadline, and;
- Extending the date for estimated payments;
- Waiving interest payments;
- Waiving the “20-day rule” under municipal income tax for employees working from home for the duration of the health emergency plus 30 days;
- Extending the due date of the state-administered municipal net profit tax