Amherst City Cable Public Access Policy
To: all Amherst City Cable public access producers:
1. Local producers will have access to one hour of scheduled studio time per week. The studio time will be available on a first come, first served basis. Studio time will be subject to availability. Weekly studio time is not guaranteed. Studio production time will be scheduled for each week until there is none available for that week. It is up to the producer to procure their time each week. We feel this is the best way to assure that everyone has equal access to the facility. Exceptions may be made for single programs or special events that run over an hour in duration. i.e. concerts, events, etc. Any exceptions will be decided on a case by case basis.
If unscheduled or extra studio time is available during a week it will be made available to access producers on the Tuesday of the week it becomes available. Access producers are welcome to pick up unscheduled studio time. Like regularly scheduled time, any extra or unscheduled time will be made available on a first come, first served basis. We will not accommodate requests for extra time until the Tuesday of the week the extra time becomes available.
2. Studio time cannot be scheduled any more than two weeks in advance of the planned date. Due to the sports schedule and in order to assure equal access to the community, we can no longer accommodate "regular time slots" i.e. every Wednesday at 5 pm etc. All studio time will be subject to availability.
3. Requests for the station to shoot at an outside event, i.e. community concerts, plays, etc. must be made no less than 4 weeks in advance of the date of the event. The same policy applies to access producers who wish to have the station staff tape an off-site event. There is always the possibility that we may not be able to accommodate a request. Outside production time requests will be handled in the same manner as studio time on a first come, first served basis.
4. ACC productions will take precedence over access productions. Should ACC need to cancel an access producer's scheduled time in order to accommodate an ACC production, we will make every effort to reschedule the access program at the earliest possible convenience.
5. Cancellations. We appreciate efforts to let us know of a cancellation as soon as possible. We also understand that the nature of cable access is such that last minute cancellations are simply part of the process. Your studio time will be held for 1/2 hour past your scheduled time unless doing so will cut into another producer's time. We strongly suggest that you arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled time. A half hour before your scheduled time is preferred.
6. Weekend hours. Due to our sports schedule ACC can no longer accommodate regularly scheduled weekend studio time. We can schedule studio time Monday through Thursday. If a producer's schedule makes it impossible to shoot any time other than weekends we will do our best to accommodate them but it is strongly suggested that you try to schedule during the week.
These policies do not affect any programs that are produced outside Amherst City Cable.
We understand that not everyone will be happy with these new policies. It is our hope that you will understand that our job is to serve the community of Amherst the best we possibly can. In order to fulfill that obligation, we feel that these changes will best help us achieve that goal.